Reading Assignment 1 Q3
Keep in mind these tips while composing your outline.
Literary Analysis Essay and Resources
Videos: Medusa or Odysseus: Curse of the Sea
Complete Medusa Viewing Guide
Complete Odysseus:Curse of the Sea Viewing Guide
RA 2 Q3: Parts of Speech Scavenger Hunt
*Complete the viewing guide while watching the History Channel video Minotaur
*Complete the viewing guide while watching the History Channel video Odysseus Part 2
RA1 Q4 Showing Vs Telling(due Monday April 15)
Parts of Speech Practice:
Monday April 15
Research Project 2019: Preliminary Research and Open-ended Questions
Tuesday April 16
- What is research? In your notebook, write the steps of research.
- Watch the first 3 minutes of “Scholerly Research” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBSxK7sUTIo while answering the following in your notebook: (1) List the pros/cons of Wikipedia (2) Explain how Wikipedia can be a good “starting point”? (3) What is a database and why is it a useful research tool? The video gives the example of eLibrary.
- Continue “Preliminary Research” and developing open-ended questions to guide your research.
- When you’re ready, complete the form you received in your email and submit it by Thursday.
- If there is remaining time, work on “Subject/Verb” handout.
-Wed April 17 – Thurs April 18
Topics and questions due.
Thurs. April 18
Guiding Question for Viewing: What role does research play in the fictional stories of Tolkien and Jk Rowling’s Harry Potter?
1. Watch Tolkien’s Monsters
2. Watch Harry Potter: Real Worlds and Heroic Myths
Accordion Folder to store pocket folders (red, green), spiral notebook (75-100 pgs.), and a composition book.
You’ll also need inexpensive headphones, a Mahoning Co. Library card, a few pencils and a positive attitude.
A box of tissues and Clorox Wipes would be greatly appreciated.