So far we have covered the following topics for the essay assignment (due Friday Feb. 11) :
- Analytical Essay Rubric
- Take your theme book assignment and write a thesis statement in the outline for a literary analysis essay outline.
- Create your outline in a Google Doc. Example
- TRANSITION SENTENCES CLASS HANDOUT
- “Cohesion/Transitions” TRANSITION SENTENCES CLASS HANDOUT
- Example ESSAY
- Avoiding the comma splice run-on.
- “Formal Style
- Active vs. Passive Voice: http://www.towson.edu/ows/activepass.htmAvoiding inappropriate shifts in verb voice and mood: http://www.towson.edu/ows/shifts.htm
Wed Feb. 26
Previously we’ve reviewed Figurative Language Review 2
and completed Figurative Language Reading Assignment Due Feb. 21 Complete the Google Doc in Google Classroom. Join with Class Code 29qsk1.
Thursday February 27
- Answers for CS1 and Answers for CS2
- Practice understanding figurative language using Carl Sandburg’s “Sketch”.
Accordion Folder with 5 pockets, one pocket folder, spiral notebook (75-100 pgs.)
You’ll also need inexpensive headphones, a Mahoning Co. Library card, a few pencils and a positive attitude.
A box of tissues and Clorox Wipes would be greatly appreciated.