Reading Assignment 1 Q3
Keep in mind these tips while composing your outline.
Literary Analysis Essay and Resources
Videos: Medusa or Odysseus: Curse of the Sea
Complete Medusa Viewing Guide
Complete Odysseus:Curse of the Sea Viewing Guide
RA 2 Q3: Parts of Speech Scavenger Hunt
*Complete the viewing guide while watching the History Channel video Minotaur
*Complete the viewing guide while watching the History Channel video Odysseus Part 2
RA1 Q4 Showing Vs Telling(due Monday April 15)
Parts of Speech Practice:
Monday April 29
Tuesday April 30
- From Topic to Research Question
- Class activity and Video: Detecting Lies and Staying True
- Take notes on research topic while citing and evaluating each source.
Wednesday May 1
- Evaluating Information
- Example of an infographic. (This is what you’ll make with your research findings.)
Thursday May 2-Friday May 3
Library Research (Google Doc “Research Notes” page due May 8)
Monday May 6
Tuesday May 7
Wednesday May 8
Complete “Research Notes.”
Thursday May 9
- Submit “Research Notes” and “Works Cited” page in ABC order with hanging indentations.
- Begin learning the interface of Piktochart to make your infographic.
Friday May 10
Use Piktochart to make your infographic.
Tuesday May 14
1. Read the article “What is an infographic?”
- Monday May 20
To submit your infographic you’ll need to download it from Piktochart onto the Chromebook and upload it to your Google Drive and “share” it with Mrs. Meese. Turn your rubric into the “turn in” bin.
- While viewing Crash Coarse Myth Video 1, make a list of 5 key ideas.
- While viewing Crash Coarse Myth Video 2, write three questions that the video make you ponder.
- While watching Social Orders and Creation Stories: Crash Course World Mythology #5, paraphrase two essential understandings.
- While watching Humans and Nature and Creation: Crash Course World Mythology #6, write a “so what” regarding this info. Basically you will answer: What does this have to do with us today?
- While viewing The Hero’s Journey and the Monomyth: Crash Course World Mythology #25, respond to this question: Why is Joseph Campbell’s framework important to modern stories and our lives as humans?
Tuesday May 21 Book Fair
Accordion Folder to store pocket folders (red, green), spiral notebook (75-100 pgs.), and a composition book.
You’ll also need inexpensive headphones, a Mahoning Co. Library card, a few pencils and a positive attitude.
A box of tissues and Clorox Wipes would be greatly appreciated.